Who knew a photo a day could make a year go by so quickly. We are happy to say – – it worked!
Here is our attempt at a little year end recap, enjoy!
Sarah, now 24 years old, living in Thousand Oaks, California and getting married in March:
- Where were you last New Years Eve? The Olivas Casa, Thousand Oaks CA
- What one thing did you accomplish this year that you are proud of? Successfully living in Southern CA without this person and these littles.
- Something good that happened this year? Started dating this random guy!
- Something that happened this year that surprised you? Got engaged to that same random guy!
- Something that didn’t happen this year (that you expected to happen)? Meet Chancho. She is the best roomie …. evvvvver (next to my sister) We make plans daily to do all sorts of crazy things. None of them ever happen. Because we are old. But we keep making plans…and it’s fun. And I’m bummed to be loosing her next month and gaining a stinky boy as a roomie!
- Sad moment? Saying goodbye to my baby girls last february…
- Happy moment? Fiiiiiiiinally arriving in Chisinau after a nightmare trip.
- Best moment? Getting engaged!
- Favorite song this year? Probably anything by Bon Iver
- Favorite food this year? I went on a gluten free, dairy free, borderline vegan, cooking spree….wasn’t completely intentional, but it was seriously amazing. Example #1 #2 #3 #4
- Favorite place you went? Canada…*insert extremely sarcastic voice here*
- Favorite photo taken for this blog? Newborn pictures for this lovely and her little lady!
- Favorite photo from this blog that you forgot you took? I completely I had taken birthday picture for this little guy…he’s my favorite, one and only nephew!
Marie, now 31 years old, still living in Apartment #29, checking her mailbox at least three times a day and leaving for the states to plan Sarah’s wedding in roughly 35 days:
- Where were you last New Years Eve? Pastor Manny and Karey’s house and then home with a sickie baby.
- What one thing did you accomplish this year that you are proud of? Conquered a new country and a new way of shopping.
- Something good that happened this year? We had visitors! Grammie and Pops in May and then Grammie, Auntie Cacey, Spencer and Emma in October.
- Something that happened this year that surprised you? A certain boy asked our Doh to marry him.
- Something that didn’t happen this year (that you expected to happen)? Well, as you can tell from the above link, our Doh got engaged instead of my plan for her to move to Chisinau. Oh. well.
- Sad moment? Goodbyes. Lots. And lots.
- Happy moment? Birthdays, one year and four years.
- Best moment? Reunion. Sister time.
- Favorite song this year? This song and this song have been my encouragement. I also really enjoy listening to this song and others by Jonsi.
- Favorite food this year? I’m gonna go with finding decent sushi on our anniversary.
- Favorite place you went? Bucharest.
- Favorite photo taken for the blog? This will forever be one of my favorite moments. Sarah was recently engaged and skyping with Addy. They talked about princess rings and looked at wedding magazines together. Skype has been such an amazing gift this year!
- Favorite photo from this blog that you forgot you took? I love this picture of Mercy telling Addy “secrets.”
So where does that leave us? We have a little project planned. Once again, it is mainly for ourselves but we just might share it with you. We are calling it …
A Sea Apart – The Cinderella Project
Mull that one over a little and we will see you next week!
Happy, happy, happy 2013. With peace, joy and blessings!
Sarah and Marie
P.S. Thanks for riding along with us – – we enjoyed reading the comments more than you realize!